|| प्रसन्नात्मेन्द्रियमनाः स्वस्थ इति अभिधीयते ||
This is the one of the fundamental quotes of Ayurvedic literature defines the happiness of mind and body.
Basically there are four hormones in the body system, which determine a human’s happiness –
It is important we understand these hormones, as we need all four of them to stay happy.
Let’s look at the first hormone the Endorphins.
- When we exercise, the body releases Endorphins.
- This hormone helps the body cope with the pain of exercising. We then enjoy exercising because these Endorphins will make us happy.
- Laughter is another good way of generating Endorphins.
- We need to spend 30 minutes exercising every day, read or watch funny stuff to get our day’s dose of Endorphins.
The second hormone is Dopamine.
- In our journey of life, we accomplish many little and big tasks, it releases various levels of Dopamine.
- When we get appreciated for our work at the office or at home, we feel accomplished and good, that is because it releases Dopamine.
- This also explains why most housewives are unhappy since they rarely get acknowledged or appreciated for their work. Once, we join work, we buy a car, a house, the latest gadgets, a new house so forth. In each instance, it releases Dopamine and we become happy.
- Now, do we realize why we become happy when we shop?
The third hormone is Serotonin
- It is released when we act in a way that benefits others.
- When we transcend ourselves and give back to others or to nature or to the society, it releases Serotonin.
- Even, providing useful information on the internet like writing information blogs, answering peoples questions on Quora or Facebook groups will generate Serotonin.
- That is because we will use our precious time to help other people via our answers or articles.
The last but not the least hormone is Oxytocin,
- It is released when we become close to other human beings.
- When we hug our friends or family Oxytocin is released.
- The “Jadoo Ki Jhappi” from Munnabhai does really work.
- Similarly, when we shake hands or put our arms around someone’s shoulders, various amounts of Oxytocin is released.
So, it’s convenient, we have to work out every day to get Endorphins, we have to attain little targets and get Dopamine, we also have to be friendly to others to get Serotonin and lastly welcome kids, friends, and relatives to get Oxytocin and we’ll be happy. When we’re glad, we can handle with our struggles and difficulties better. Now we can recognize why we need to hold a kid with a rough mood. So to make your child more and more happy day by day
- Motivate them to play on the ground
- Appreciate your child for his small or big achievements
- Inculcate sharing habit through you to your child
- Hug your child